- Who can apply? The following are eligible for this scholarship:
- Senior high school females planning on attending an ABET accredited school to major in engineering and/or computer science
- A junior college majoring in pre-engineering and/or computer science
- Continuing undergraduate engineering students attending an ABET accredited school.
- When is the application due date? The deadline is April 1st, 2018
- I am planning on majoring in engineering, but I don’t know which discipline. Can I still apply? Of course, many engineering students do not know and/or switch between engineering disciplines while in school.
- Does it matter what type of engineer I want to be? Any accredited program is acceptable. SWE includes members in many engineering disciplines, the following are just some examples: aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer (science and engineering), electrical, environmental, industrial, and mechanical.
- What do I have to do? It is my senior year and I have a lot going on. We understand, so we designed the application process to be as painless as possible. You need to submit the following components:
- An online application form
- High school transcripts or college transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A letter of acceptance from an accredited engineering or computer science program (not necessary for collegiate applicants)
The deadline is April 1st, 2018; items 2, 3, and 4 must be postmarked by that date.
- Where do I send these documents? The online form will automatically be submitted when you complete your application (plan on it taking 15 to 20 minutes). The other documents can be submitted to:
- I haven’t heard from any colleges yet. Can I still apply? We understand that you may not have received acceptance letters by the deadline. Please send the other documentation on time and then you may send acceptance letter once you receive it.